Taylor Guitars is offering a free limited 12-year warranty for Taylor owners in most European countries. All used Taylor guitars qualify for a limited time only, according to the conditions below. Taylor guitars purchased new from an Authorized Taylor Dealer are also eligible for a 12-year warranty according to the conditions displayed here.
Note: If you registered previously, please re-register to activate your warranty.
Register your Taylor Guitar here
Depending upon the state or country in which you reside, you may have legal remedies available in case of defects of products under the applicable statutory laws. This warranty for Used Taylor Guitar and its terms and conditions do not affect any of your rights for defects of the purchased Taylor instrument as applicable under relevant statutory law.
Taylor-Listug Operating B.V., Maroastraat 113, 1060 LG Amsterdam, Netherlands ("TAYLOR") offers the following warranty for guitars of the brand "Taylor Guitars" to owners located in European countries:
Your are eligible to a 12 year warranty for your guitar under The European Warranty Terms and Conditions and the following terms and conditions:
- You are the owner of a used Taylor guitar. A used guitar is every Taylor guitar which is not registered with TAYLOR ("Used Taylor Guitar").
- You purchased your guitar in a European country as listed below under “Eligible Countries” but not from an authorized Taylor dealer in Europe. If you bought your guitar from an authorized Taylor dealer in Europe you are eligible to a 12 year warranty under European Warranty Terms and Conditions.
- You are a permanent resident of a European country as listed listed below under “Eligible Countries”.
- Your Used Taylor Guitar is not subject to any warranty claims at the point of its registration.
- Registration of your Used Taylor Guitar is required until 31 December 2012.
- TAYLOR reserves the right to refuse warranty registrations in its reasonable discretion, in particular if you or your Taylor guitar does not meet the above requirements of the warranty offer for Used Taylor Guitars.
- United Kingdom
European Warranty Terms and Conditions
Register your Taylor Guitar here
Depending upon the state or country in which you reside, you may have legal remedies available in case of defects of products under the applicable statutory laws. This warranty and its terms and conditions do not affect any of your rights for defects of the purchased Taylor instrument as applicable under relevant statutory law.
Taylor-Listug Operating B.V., Maroastraat 113, 1060 LG Amsterdam, Netherlands ("TAYLOR") offers the following warranty for guitars of the brand "Taylor Guitars" to first owners in European countries ("First Owner") provided that you purchased your Taylor guitar from an authorized Taylor dealer.
For US-/Canadian first owners, please see applicable warranty conditions here.
- Limited warranty for instruments and electronic components. TAYLOR warrants solely to the First Owner of this Taylor musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 12 years from the date of purchase unless specified differently and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another owner unless otherwise noted by TAYLOR ("Limited Warranty"). Electronic components manufactured by Taylor Guitars carry the same warranty as the guitar.
- Warranty Repairs. In case of malfunctions of a Taylor guitar TAYLOR one of its authorized Taylor dealers or authorized Taylor distributors will perform warranty repairs. All warranty repairs must be verified by the registration of the Taylor instrument and a dated proof of purchase from an authorized Taylor dealer. TAYLOR reserves the right to use new material for the repair, which is utilized at the time of the repair if original materials are not available any longer.
- Limitations. The obligations of TAYLOR hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of parts of the instrument found to be defective under this Limited Warranty. In no event shall TAYLOR be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to time, wages or lost profits, of any nature or kind or for damages to or loss of property. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to guitars which are not registered within four (4) weeks after their purchase from an authorized Taylor dealer (b) to wear or breakage of frets or strings, or other normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts; (c) to asserted defects caused by modification, misuse or abuse or improper maintenance of the instrument, in particular damage due to improper storage; (d) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, in particular on tone; (e) to asserted defects caused by accident or exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity which cause harm to the instrument; (f) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized Taylor dealer; (g) to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR; (h) to asserted defects linked to the instruments exposure to extreme temperature or humidity, or (i) to any instrument on which the serial number is removed or altered.
- Claim Procedures. Claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by sending the instrument, shipping and insurance prepaid by the First Owner, to TAYLOR at the address shown above, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by the First Owner (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the First Owner to whom the instrument is to be returned. Alternatively, the First Owner shall contact his authorized Taylor dealer or any other authorized Taylor dealer or authorized Taylor distributor prior to shipping the guitar to TAYLOR. TAYLOR or an authorized Taylor dealer or an authorized Taylor distributor shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned to the First Owner, shipping and insurance to be paid by the First Owner. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping and insurance to be paid by the First Owner.
- No Other Warranties. Every Taylor guitar model is eligible to this Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to its Taylor guitar models.
- Prevalence. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of the TAYLOR musical instrument. TAYLOR does not make any other express warranty than stated herein or any implied warranty, in particular not regarding the fitness for a particular purpose or its merchantability. No representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
- Non-transferability. This warranty is not transferable or assignable in whole or in part without TAYLOR's prior written consent.