European Warranty Terms and Conditions
Depending upon the state or country in which you reside, you may have legal remedies available in case of defects of products under the applicable statutory laws. This warranty and its terms and conditions do not affect any of your rights for defects of the purchased Taylor instrument as applicable under relevant statutory law.
Taylor-Listug Operating B.V., Maroastraat 113, 1060 LG Amsterdam, Netherlands ("TAYLOR") offers the following limited warranty for guitars and accessories of the brand "Taylor Guitars" to first owners in European countries ("First Owner") provided that you purchased your Taylor guitar from an authorized Taylor dealer.
For US-/Canadian first owners, please see applicable warranty conditions HERE
- Limited warranty for instruments and electronic components. TAYLOR warrants solely to the First Owner (i) that the instrument purchased is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 12 years from the date of purchase unless specified differently and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another owner and (ii) that all Taylor pickups and pickup systems (Solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately) are free from defects in materials, workmanship, and function for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase ("Limited Warranty"). Taylor Guitars reserves the right to make mechanical and electrical refinements to Taylor pickup systems without any responsibility to modify or exchange any previously purchased product or parts thereof.
- Warranty Repairs. In case of malfunctions of a Taylor guitar TAYLOR or one of its authorized TAYLOR dealers or authorized TAYLOR distributors or other authorized TAYLOR service technicians will perform warranty repairs. All warranty repairs must be verified by the registration of the Taylor instrument and a dated proof of purchase from an authorized Taylor dealer. TAYLOR reserves the right to use material for the repair, which is utilized at the time of the repair if original materials are not available any longer.
- Limitations. The obligations of TAYLOR hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of parts of the instrument found to be defective under this Limited Warranty. In no event shall TAYLOR be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to time, wages or lost profits, of any nature or kind or for damages to or loss of property.
This Limited Warranty does not apply:
- to guitars which are not registered within four (4) weeks after their purchase from an authorized TAYLOR dealer
- to asserted deviations involving subjective personal likes or judgments, in particular on tone, material and finishing
- to setups, adjustments, routine maintenance of any kind, strings, and batteries
- to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts including but not limited to wear and tear or breakage of frets, nuts, the saddle, controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning machines or pickguards
- to normal wear and tear of the case or gig bag including but not limited to handles, zippers, latches, case and bag hardware and finish
- to asserted defects, damage or deterioration caused by normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents,, misuse, neglect, abuse and improper maintenance of the instrument, in particular due to improper storage
- modifications made by any persons other than an authorized Taylor certified technician at TAYLOR, at an TAYLOR authorized dealer, at an TAYLOR authorized distributor or at an TAYLOR authorized service center
- to asserted defects caused by accident, changes in temperature, or exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts and acids, guitar straps, guitars stands or guitar hangers
- to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized TAYLOR dealer
- to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR
- to any instrument on which the serial number is removed or altered or tampered with in any fashion.
- Claim Procedures.
Claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by first contacting Taylor Guitars for return authorization, sending the instrument, shipping and insurance prepaid by the First Owner, to TAYLOR at the address shown above, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by the First Owner (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the First Owner to whom the instrument is to be returned.
Alternatively, the First Owner shall contact his authorized TAYLOR dealer or any other authorized TAYLOR dealer or authorized TAYLOR distributor or TAYLOR service technician prior to shipping the guitar to TAYLOR.
In any case, TAYLOR, an authorized TAYLOR dealer, an authorized TAYLOR distributor or any authorized TAYLOR service technician shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine and inspect the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned to the First Owner, shipping and insurance to be paid by the First Owner. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping and insurance to be paid by the First Owner.
- No Other Warranties. Every Taylor guitar model is eligible to this Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to its Taylor guitar models.
- Prevalence. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of the TAYLOR musical instrument. TAYLOR does not make any other express warranty than stated herein or any implied warranty, in particular not regarding the fitness for a particular purpose or its merchantability. No representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
- Non-transferability. This warranty is not transferable or assignable in whole or in part without TAYLOR's prior written consent.