Taylor Guitars Limited Warranty
- Terms and Conditions. TAYLOR warrants solely to the original purchaser of this TAYLOR musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another (unless otherwise noted by TAYLOR). TAYLOR further warrants solely to the original purchaser that all TAYLOR pickups and pickup systems – including TAYLOR solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately – shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, pickguards or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish; (b) to asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (TAYLOR reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by TAYLOR or an authorized TAYLOR service center); (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colors of woods; (d) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts or acids, guitar straps, or guitar stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized TAYLOR dealer in the United States of America or Canada; (f) to guitars owned by non-U.S. or non-Canadian residents, (g) to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR, (h) to setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance, (i) to any instrument whose serial number is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion, or (j) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than an TAYLOR certified technician at an authorized TAYLOR service center.
- Limitation on Obligations. THE OBLIGATIONS OF TAYLOR HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TAYLOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. TAYLOR reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments and pickup systems, including making mechanical and electrical refinements, without incurring any responsibility to modify or exchange any products purchased prior to such modifications. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF TAYLOR GUITARS WITH REGARD TO TAYLOR “T3®”, “T5®”, “100 SERIES®”, “200 SERIES®”, “300 SERIES®”, “400 SERIES®”, “500 SERIES®”, “600 SERIES®”, “700 SERIES®”, “800 SERIES®”, “900 SERIES®”, “BABY TAYLOR®”, “BIG BABY® TAYLOR”, “PRESENTATION SERIES®”, “SIGNATURE™ SERIES”, “NYLON SERIES™”, “KOA SERIES”, “WALNUT SERIES”, “GALLERY™ SERIES”, “LIBERTY TREE™”, “BABY LIBERTY™”, “GS® SERIES”, “GS MINI®”, “GRAND SYMPHONY®”, “AMERICAN DREAM®”, “DOYLE DELUXE™”, “DOYLE DYKES SIGNATURE MODEL®”, “GA®”, GA MINI™”, “TAYLOR SOLIDBODY®”, “R. TAYLOR®”, LIMITED EDITION, AND “ACOUSTIC BASS” INSTRUMENTS ONLY AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE.
- No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to the Taylor products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any TAYLOR musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
- Claim Procedures. Unless purchaser is notified in writing that repairs and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized TAYLOR dealer or authorized TAYLOR warranty repair center, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by sending the instrument, shipping and insurance prepaid by the purchaser, to TAYLOR at the address shown on the face of this Limited Warranty, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned. Please call Customer Service prior to shipping your guitar. TAYLOR shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by TAYLOR to the original purchaser, shipping and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
- Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws.
©2012 Taylor Guitars. TAYLOR, TAYLOR (Stylized); TAYLOR GUITARS, TAYLOR QUALITY GUITARS and Design; BABY TAYLOR; BIG BABY; Peghead Design; Bridge Design; Pickguard Design; 100 SERIES; 200 SERIES; 300 SERIES; 400 SERIES; 500 SERIES; 600 SERIES; 700 SERIES; 800 SERIES; 900 SERIES; PRESENTATION SERIES; GALLERY; QUALITY TAYLOR GUITARS, GUITARS AND CASES and Design; WOOD&STEEL; ROBERT TAYLOR (Stylized); TAYLOR EXPRESSION SYSTEM; EXPRESSION SYSTEM; TAYLORWARE; TAYLOR GUITARS K4; K4, TAYLOR K4; TAYLOR ES; DOYLE DYKES SIGNATURE MODEL; DYNAMIC BODY SENSOR; T5; T5 (Stylized); BALANCED BREAKOUT; R. TAYLOR; R TAYLOR (Stylized); AMERICAN DREAM; TAYLOR SOLIDBODY; T3; GRAND SYMPHONY; WAVE COMPENSATED; GS; GS MINI; ES-GO; V-CABLE; and GA are registered trademarks of the company. DOYLE DELUXE; GA MINI; YOUR TONE. AMPLIFIED; and FIND YOUR FIT; NYLON SERIES; KOA SERIES; WALNUT SERIES; GRAND AUDITORIUM; GRAND CONCERT; SIGNATURE MODEL; GS SERIES; LIBERTY TREE; LEO KOTTKE SIGNATURE MODEL; DAN CRARY SIGNATURE MODEL; DYNAMIC STRING SENSOR are trademarks of the company. Patents pending.