A free, guided tour of the Taylor factory is given every Monday through Friday at 1 p.m. (excluding holidays). To take the tour, simply check-in at the receptionist desk in the lobby of our main building at least 5-10 minutes before 1 p.m. to ensure that you don’t miss the tour. Groups of 10 or more guests are required to make a reservation to guarantee space on the tour. Please contact us to schedule a tour for your group.
The Taylor Guitars factory tour takes guests through the steps of guitar construction. From wood selection to final assembly, guests will experience each process as a guitar evolves from raw wood into a finished instrument. While not physically demanding, the tour does include a fair amount of walking and climbing a short flight of stairs. Due to the technical nature, the tour may not be suitable for small children. The tour lasts approximately one hour and 15 minutes and departs from the main building at 1980 Gillespie Way in El Cajon, California.
Also located in our main building is the TaylorWare store. Here you will find everything for the Taylor fan, from apparel to gift items to replacement guitar parts. New items are added all the time, so be sure to stop by often.
The factory tour will not be offered on the following weekdays in 2017:
- Monday, February 20 (Presidents' Day)
- Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day)
- Monday, July 3 - Friday, July 7 (company vacation, Independence Day)
- Monday, September 4 (Labor Day)
- Friday, October 13 (Taylor anniversary)
- Thursday & Friday, November 23-24 (Thanksgiving holiday)
- Monday, December 25 - January 5, 2018 (company vacation)