Taylor-Listug Operating B.V., Maroastraat 113, 1060 LG Amsterdam, Netherlands ("TAYLOR") grants you the following limited warranty ("Limited Warranty") for guitars of the brand "Taylor Guitars" as well as certain other products of that brand (as specified below), in each case provided that (i) you are the first end-user owner of the product, (ii) you are resident in a country of the European Union and (ii) you have purchased the product from an authorized Taylor Guitars dealer. A list of authorized dealers is available at http://www.taylorguitars.com/dealers.
If you are resident in the USA or Canada, please see applicable warranty conditions HERE.
Limited warranty for instruments and certain other products. TAYLOR warrants solely to you, but not to any subsequent owner, that (i) all Taylor Guitars instruments ("Instruments") remain free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 2 years from the date of your purchase and (ii) that all Taylor Guitars-branded gig bags, cases, pickups and pickup systems (solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately) remain free from defects in materials, workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years from the date of your purchase. The warranty on Instruments stated in (i) above will be extended for an additional 10 years (except, however, in respect of any electronic components mounted in or on the Instrument) if you register your Instrument within six months of the date of your purchase by providing the requisite information on the website www.taylorguitars.com/support/owners-registration. For the avoidance of doubt, such warranty extension is not available for any products other than Instruments.
If you make a valid claim under this Limited Warranty, TAYLOR will at its choice either repair the defective product or replace its defective parts without charge to you for either parts or labor. For such repair or replacement ("Warranty Repair"), TAYLOR may utilize the materials and parts then in use rather than the original materials and parts used for production of the product.
TAYLOR may choose to have the Warranty Repair carried out on its behalf by an authorized Taylor Guitars dealer, distributor or repair center.
Limitations. The obligations of TAYLOR under this Limited Warranty are limited to repair or replacement of parts of the product found to be defective. In no event shall TAYLOR be liable under this Limited Warranty for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to time, wages or lost profits, of any nature or kind or for damages to or loss of property.
Exclusions. This Limited Warranty does not apply:
1. to deviations solely involving subjective personal likes or judgments, in particular on tone, material and finishing;
2. to setups, adjustments, routine maintenance of any kind, strings, and batteries;
3. to normal wear and tear of the Instrument or its parts (including but not limited to normal wear and tear or breakage of frets, nuts, the saddle, controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning machines or pickguards), to normal wear and tear of the case or gig bag (including but not limited to handles, zippers, latches, case and bag hardware and finish), or to normal wear and tear of any other product or its parts;
4. to defects, damage or deterioration that are part of normal usage or that are caused by accidents, misuse, neglect, abuse, improper maintenance or improper storage (including but not limited to exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity, extreme change of temperature, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts and acids), or by the use of accessories (including but not limited to, damage from use of guitar straps, guitar stands, or guitar hangers), or to signs of aging;
5. to defects resulting from modifications made by any person other than TAYLOR or a Taylor Guitars authorized dealer, distributor or authorized service center or one of their employees;
6. to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the product from an authorized Taylor dealer;
7. to any Instrument on which the serial number has been removed or altered or tampered with in any fashion.
Taylor Guitars reserves the right to make mechanical and electrical refinements to Taylor pickup systems without any responsibility to modify or exchange any previously purchased product or parts thereof.
Claim Procedures. In order to make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must first contact TAYLOR (or, alternatively, any authorized Taylor Guitars dealer, distributor or repair center). A list of all authorized repair centers is available at https://www.taylorguitars.com/support/repair-centers. If you plan to ship your guitar instead of visiting a repair center in person, you must first call Taylor Guitars for a return authorization number. In Europe, call +31 (0) 20 667 6033. After getting a return authorization, you must send the product, shipping and insurance prepaid by you, to TAYLOR at the address shown above, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by you (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect; and (c) your name and phone number and your address to which the product is to be returned.
If your claim is valid, the product will be returned to you upon completion of the Warranty Repair, shipping and insurance to be paid by you. In the event it is determined that an asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, you will be contacted with an estimate of repairs. If you do not give approval for the cost of the repair then the product will be returned without repair or replacement, shipping and insurance to be paid by you.
TAYLOR does not make any other express warranty than stated herein or any implied warranty, in particular not regarding the fitness for a particular purpose or its merchantability. No representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
Non-transferability. This Limited Warranty is not transferable or assignable in whole or in part without TAYLOR's prior written consent.
Your statutory rights. Consumers subject to the EU Consumer Rights Directive, have have legal rights under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods (including, without limitation, in the event that a product is defective or otherwise not in conformity with the contract for sale). This warranty does not affect your legal rights under such legislation, which exist independently of what this warranty covers and of whether or not you choose to claim under this warranty.